Skip to main content

THE FABLE:"THE DOG & THE DOGGY" by GRIGORE ALEXANDRESCU

As for me, how hateful are some beasts, as wolves, bears, lions and some others, who think of themselves as being a treasure! If they descended from a noble family, that's only a happenstance! I may be noble otherwise, but I don't like to show it. People often say that, in civilized countries, there is equality. Everything changes and is carving in the world, only ourselves do not lose the pride. As for me, I gladly say that everybody, beast or lowly dog, knows and calls me real dog and not your lordship.

 So spoke, the other day with an ox, Samson, a big yard dog, that barks very loud. 

Samurache, a doggy, that sat aside as a simple spectator, hearing their case, and neither pride nor vain whims, was coming closer, to show the love he has for them: "Thinking of you, he said, your thinking seems to me wonderful, and I honor your feeling, my brothers." - 

"we, your brothers? Samson replied furious: We, your brothers, pooch?! I'll give you a beat you will remember! Do you know, cheeky toady, who we are and it shall fall to you, to address to us? "-

" But you said ... "-

" And what do you care? I ask you what I meant? I was truly speaking, that I don't love the pride and I hate the lions; I want equality, but not for doggies. "
Between us (the humans) we see it often, and only we want equality with the mightiest.

PS I tried to do an accurate translation from Romanian of the fable "the dog and the doggy" by Grigore Alexandrescu


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PROTEST against the Conservative Party campaign for the general elections 7.05.2015

Who took our dignity and self-respect! I’d have comments on each paragraph from the electoral leaflet of the Conservative Party' candidate in the ---constituency; but in this open letter, I shall refer and consider only the paragraph entitled "Immigration". Some may consider that it “instigates to racism”, but I am more tolerant and open to arguments in order to refute this opinion. Paragraph, from Sir Edward Leigh electoral leaflet, inserted here: “IMMIGRATION: Our Regaining control over our borders is an absolute priority. Free movement of EU citizens doesn’t work when you have countries as diverse as Britain or Sweden on the one hand and Bulgaria and Romania on the other. We need to see a move to a more balanced, managed system of migration that restricts economic migrants while allowing talented people in.” My family consists of two members: me and my son. We live on the hill. My name is Marylena C.Goia; I am 61 years old, a Romanian national and permanent resi

DESPRE TIGANI (cine sunt si ce vor)-PRIMA PARTE

Voi avea cateva postari privindu-i pe tigani. Nu voi scrie aici ceea ce am citit prin diverse sau am auzit de la diverse persoane, ci despre experienta mea si eventual a lui Calin cu si legata de ei. Nu pot spune ca sunt un popor, pentru ca ei, de fapt sunt raspanditi in toata lumea si au luat nu numai infatisarea poporului in a carui tara s-au stabilit….sau…nu, dar si limba, cultul , obiceiuri si chiar nationalitatea. Cand eram copil, in Romania, parintii mei, mergeau la filme indiene, care intr-o anume perioada au fost foarte populare acolo (imi amintesc de “Vagabondul” cu Raj Kapoor). Pe vremea aceea, adica in epoca comunista erau multe cinematografe in Constanta. Oriunde se difuzau filme indiene erau cozi uriase la casele de bilete. Romanii nu prea aveau loc, din cauza tiganilor, care se inghesuiau cu familiile lor la intrare. Asta, pentru ca, spuneau ei ca indienii sunt fratii lor, etnia tiganeasca provenind din India si raspandindu-se in toata lumea. Pana s-a nascut Calin

TIBERIU si CORNEL

  Aceasta postare este continuare a articolului mai vechi: YOUTUBERII ROMANI, sau CREATORII (mai mult sau mai putin) DE CONTINUT (mai mult sau mai putin de calitate)   Obisnuiesc sa urmaresc, regulat, doar canalele care, chiar imi “spun” ceva. Din majoritatea canalelor, care au sau nu un subiect, vizionez un vlog, poate 2, din curiozitate si decid daca merita sau nu. Sunt unele pe care le-am urmarit un timp, dar din anumite motive, le sau le-am abandonat.   De curand, adica acum vreo trei luni, cautand nu-mi amintesc ce sau de ce, pt copii, am vazut in lista de recomandari din dreapta unui video, un titlu care spunea ceva de o casuta din padure. Din curiozitate am dat click pe video si am vizionat vlogul, apoi am dat click pe un altul. Am vrut sa vad continutul canalului si, de atunci nu m-am mai oprit, pt ca….. i-am descoperit pe cei mai simpatici si carismatici “baieti de baieti” de pe net. Din acel moment canalul TIBERIU si CORNEL  a devenit SUPER DOZA MEA DE RELAXARE !   Vloguril